Identity Theft/Common Scams Info
I think someone stole my identity! What do I do next?
- Notify all of your financial institutions and let them know where the fraud occurred. Call (719) 743-2415 and report any potential of identity fraud.
- Notify all three credit bureaus and ask that a fraud alert be placed on your file.
- Request a copy of your credit report which is free to identity theft victims.
- Notify the Federal Trade Commission: 877-438-4338
- Keep carefully any written records you can including everyone you speak with, the date and time of the discussion, and what was discussed.
- Use registered mail when sending import and correspondence.
- File the appropriate local police reports and request a copy of each report for your records.